Welcome to the 2012 Spring Season!
A lot has been happening at ACYSO in recent months and I want to take the opportunity to share some of these changes with you as well as explain some of the new opportunities you now have at ACYSO.
As you know, the new side of the complex opened up last summer and we all really enjoy the space. The expansion of the park did give us the room we needed to grow. The only unfortunate side is it also significantly increased our operating expenses. In keeping up with these new expenses, we must actively create new opportunities to increase our membership and schedule venues that expand our visibility and allow us to maintain our wonderful new facilities and fields.
To that end, we have created several programs to strengthen ACYSO and ensure we remain the #1 choice for families on the Northwest Side of San Antonio.
These are some of the programs you can read about throughout the web site:
- Hired a new Director of Coaching to increase training and development for players and coaches
- Restructuring of the Academy program beginning Fall 2012 to focus solely on player development
- Restructuring of ACYSO independent competitive teams under one banner as Alamo City Soccer Club
- Creation of ACYSO Micro Seasons to give parents and players U5-U14 an opportunity to continue to train and play during the off season
- Establishment of the Super 20 highly competitive youth program
- Creation of (4) one week-long, 8 hours per day, summer camps for U5-U18 players at ACYSO
There are a lot of moving parts to all these new programs and we invite you to read more here on the web site. We also have a lot of work to do and are always looking for more volunteers to help us out as we are a non-profit organization.
Look forward to seeing you on the fields,