ALAMO CITY SC U9 / U10 ACADEMY
Academy Program Fall 2013
More Information coming soon!
Begun in the Fall of 2012, ACYSO conducts the developmental academy program under the direction of ACYSO's DOC and Alamo City Soccer Club Freedom coaching staff.
The program is geared for players between U8-U10 interested in taking their training to the next level in preparation for a competitive program.
The program will provide a fun environment, developing and teaching skills, game knowledge, sportsmanship and loyalty. Ultimately, the goal is to fully develop each individual player to our curriculum, developing the whole player versus just soccer.
• Registration is found at www.acyso.org, click on registration page tab on the left and proceed to Player/Coach Registration.
• Tryouts are not required, any player between the ages below can participate but this is not a recreational program. The program is run by licensed experienced trainers and players should be committed to take their training to the next level.
2013/2014 Age Chart :
U-8 Players 8/01/05 to 7/31/06, can choose to play up to U-9
U-9 Players 08/01/04 to 07/31/05
U-10 Players 08/01/03 to 07/31/04
• New teams (non returning) can/will be formed with the remaining new players
• Practices will be either Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs from 6-7:30 PM. Players should not arrive any earlier that 5:50 and should not take the field until their coach/trainer is present. Players should wear practice tee from the uniform pack, must wear shin guards, bring ball (Size 4) and water. Field rules must be followed at all times. Parents must remain present during practices.
• Games are typically played on Saturdays, with some Sundays if we have rain make-ups. Approximately half of your games are held at ACYSO and the other half you will travel for to play against other academy teams throughout San Antonio and the surrounding area to include Boerne, Bulverde and New Braunfels.
• Developmental League plays 6v6 (5 field players and goalie), each child is guaranteed 50% playtime.
• Standings are not kept at this level, as this is a developmental program.
• Schedules are provided by Alamo Area Youth Soccer Association (AAYSA) and will consist of 8-10 games per season.